the williamson brooch Replica
The large stone in the centre of the flower came from a Canadian named Dr Williamson. The doctor owned a mine in Tanzania were the stone was found. Doctor Williason gave the diamond to Princess Elizabeth as a wedding present in in 1947. In 1953 it was made into a beautiful flower brooch we see today. Doctor Williamson also gave the Princess 170 clear diamonds and 12 baguette cut stones. These stones were used to make the petals, stem and leaves of the flower.
In 1981 the Queen wore the Williamson brooch to the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana, and later to the wedding of her youngest son Prince Edward who married Sophie Rhys Jones in 1999
Length: 7.0 cms
Width: 4.0 cms
Hire the Royal Exhibitions Replica British Crown Jewels
Use the form to get in touch with us or telephone 0207 263 7878 for further information.